Committee Member Mailing Addresses for Submitting Titles for Consideration
BEFORE YOU NOMINATE:
• Is the cutoff for submissions is a mailing date no later than the end of the first week of November, annually?
• Is the book “in the margins” due to being self, independently or small press published?
• Is the voice authentic? Unique? Saying something or telling a story “in the margins”?
• Is there action and/or does the text move along quickly?
• Have you observed teens “in the margins” picking the book up and reading it? Do you have positive teen feedback?
• Is the cover eye catching and gritty with appeal to teen reluctant readers “in the margins”?
• Is the text easy and comfortable to read and on the larger size?
• If the book is more than 250 pages does it fit so many of our priorities that it should be considered?
• If the book is from a major publisher, is an award winner, starred review or known author is it so authentic and accurate that it needs to be included on our list?
• Is the book accurately depicting those “in the margins” of society?
Note: it is expected that books making our list may not be edited well and may not be up to standard major publishing fare, due to our primary considerations above.
Finally, is the pub date in our time frame within the correct perimeters? June previous year – December the next year, as follows:
- 2023 award nominee pub date = June 2021 – December 2022
- 2024 award nominee pub date = June 2022 – December 2023
- 2025 award nominee pub date = June 2023 – December 2024
- 2026 award nominee pub date = June 2024 – December 2025
Once you have made sure all priorities for submitting a title are met, click here to go to the online nomination form.